Monday, August 18, 2008

I'm not sure why....

but for some reason, I don't feel like it's a real post if I don't include pictures. Isn't that dumb? I haven't posted in a little while because I've been too busy ::lazy:: to get the camera out and upload some pictures. Oh well, I decided to do a quick little update anyway.

Brandon's surgery went well. He's recovering and healing very nicely. On that note, out of self consciousness, I wanted to say something about all of this. I did not make/coerce/force/bribe/or beg Brandon to do this. He decided on his own free will and accord that this is what we should do. I did have many long conversations with him, expressing my thoughts and fears and concerns either way. Just wanted to throw that out there....for those of you who may be wondering/accusing. LOL! He is back at work full time and so far is loving his new office/command/what ever you call it when they are in the military. He'll be glad when he can work out again. Two more weeks and he should be free of all restrictions.

The kids start school tomorrow. Mixed feelings on that one. I love/hate having them here all the time. I'm kind of weird in the sense that, the more they are here the more I want them here, and the reverse of that is true as well. I haven't figured it out yet. You would think it would be the opposite. I'm hoping for positive experiences here in Missouri, but I'm fully prepared to keep the boys home if it doesn't work out in the public school system.

Stephen will be attending the upper elementary school that is only 5th and 6th grades. He's excited that the school is new to all the 5th graders. It puts them on a more even playing field that way. I'm glad for him too. It's gotta stink always being the new kid. I did it a couple of times and it wasn't bad, but he's done it more than a couple....

Sebastian is always excited about school and can't wait to go back. He was sad when summer break started. I hope it continues past the fun grades. He'll be at the elementary school down the street.

Spencer is starting preschool and will go on Tuesdays and Thursday mornings. He has been ready for school for a couple of years. At least in his mind. Trust me when I say it's a good thing we don't send our boys to Kindergarten before they are six. His teachers will thank me I'm sure. He's very focused, and likes for things to be a certain way. He is getting better about doing things the way others want him to. I think preschool is going to be good for him.

Sterling is going to be three on the 27th. Sometimes I forget he's still so young and then other times I can't believe he still acts like such a baby. He keeps me guessing and on my toes and guessing about my toes! We'll make it through though. If my Mom made it through me, then anything is possible.

Seth is still sweet. When he's not being rotten. But isn't that the case with all of us? He's all of a sudden grown up. He has a older sound in his voice and his laugh and his mannerisms. It's so true what the say about kids growing up faster when their are so many ahead of them. He decided that nursing time was over for him about two weeks ago. It made me sad. I'm not ready for him to not be a baby anymore. He just handed me my glass of water and said, "here Mommy." I've never had one be so vocal at such a young age. It's a lot of fun.

I've decided to start making my own cloth diapers. Yes, I'm crazy. Raise your hand if you didn't already know that........yeah, that's what I thought. Defiantly not a news flash. Cloth has become so trendy, that the prices are getting outrageous. Plus, sewing is a useful skill. Once I get good, who knows what I may attempt. My parents are here right now and my Mom brought her sewing machine with her. Hopefully between the two of us, we can figure out what to do. It should be fun.

Did I mention the fact that we have neighbors who have four children? Ages 11, 7, 5, and 3? Boy, girl, girl, boy. The kids have had so much fun playing together. Their mom and I are going to start walking together every morning at 6am. I'm glad to have another walking partner again.(miss you Annie)

Life is good. We are blessed.

4 comments:

~*This Mama*~ said...

heres a link to that pattern I mentioned.

http://www.geocities.com/rew4birth/Diapers.html

Ill find you some more! =)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lot of transitions Beth. I'm sure you will all be into the swing of things soon.

ChiroMomma said...

Missing our 6am chats also Beth. Sometimes I wake up rather early and the thought still comes that I need to meet you at the track.

Glad to hear all the boys are doing so well. You'll have to let us know how school goes. And the sewing!!! Your awesome!

Cutloose said...

So this is your blog!! I had to come by and visit since you have been so kind to humor me by reading mine and blessing me with your encouraging comments.

I have a brand new sewing machine (Brothers) in the garage still in the box. I have wanted to learn to sew for the longest time and haven't done it. You have inspired me and I will look into classes. Good luck with the cloth diaper venture!

Thea

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...