Friday, August 8, 2008

Our continual vacation

With Brandon being on leave still, it seems like we're on a perpetual vacation. I could live like this for a while.

Wednesday, we went down town Kansas City and checked out what was down there. While we were down town, we checked out this place called Kaleidoscope. It's an interactive creative art place. It's owned by Hallmark and it's totally free. The kids made a ton of arts and craft type things. We had fun watching them enjoy themselves and run around. We also checked out an exhibit called Moneyville. It was another FREE hands on "center" for kids. It was all about money. From how it's made, to how long it lasts, to how to invest it, and a boat load of other info. They even had a million on display. Below you'll find a picture of Brandon hugging the million very tightly! There was a little farmers market set up in the back with plastic fruit and money so the kids could pretend. I followed Seth back there and while watching him play, made an interesting observation. The market was filled with girls, while to my right, the interactive investment video game station was overflowing with boys. We are so very different in our divine design aren't we?

Yesterday, we went to the coolest petting zoo/farm I've ever seen. Not only was it clean and well maintained, it was free too! We had a great time. Well, if you don't include the goat that tried to eat the skirt I was wearing. I seriously had to PULL it out of his mouth. It was crazy. Totally wish I had that one on video. Enjoy the pictures.







3 comments:

Nikki Bettis said...

Beth.....I'm continually thinking of y'all. I think I'm counting down the hours with you! Is everything still on for tomorrow? I figured we would've heard something by now!!! What time is the appt? I'm praying for you and Brandon in every way. How exciting and how good God is!!!

ChiroMomma said...

Oh, the memories that Kaleidescope brings back to me.....

Glad to hear that everything is going well out there on my old stomping grounds. :) Little Seth is growing up fast!

Unknown said...

Boy I wish there were places like that around here. Sounds like you are having a good time in a new place.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...