Thursday, August 28, 2008

Sterly Berly is Three!

We had a great time celebrating Sterling's birthday yesterday. We invited three of our neighbors over for cake and ice cream. (Of course it was Costco cake Annie, would I ever PAY for anything else?)

I never get tired of seeing them "get" things. He didn't really understand/care that is was his birthday until the cake and balloons and fun stuff started happening. And then he understood. He was so excited and so happy. Afterwards, when it was time for bed, I was helping him brush his teeth and he was crying,(he didn't want to go to bed) and telling me it was his birthday and that he didn't want to go to bed. He then asked me if it would be his birthday tomorrow? He of course cried harder when I told him it wouldn't be. Good old Sterling. You can count on him for dramatics....

The first picture is funny. We did everything outside, and when Brandon called the kids into the backyard so we could start, Sterling grabbed his chair and put it right in front of the table and sat down. It was too cute.

The next picture if humorous to me. Now, you have to understand my love for cake to really appreciate why I thought it was funny. Earlier in the day I had gotten out our camping chairs and just randomly opened them up. When I was bringing out the cake and stuff I asked Brandon and Mom to move them over to the table area. They lined them up in a half circle facing the table and when I turned and saw them, it looked like we were going to worship the cake. I laughed out loud. It was probably one of those moments where you had to be there, but several of my readers will understand and laugh with me! OH MERCIFUL AND WONDERFUL CAKE......

Happy Birthday Sterling!






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like everyone had a fun time!

ChiroMomma said...

Oh how I love Costco cake! I havent had any since Seth's birthday. Withdraws!
Looks like you had a great time!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...