Thursday, July 22, 2010

Taking a big step

We recently refinanced our house. It lowered our payment by almost $200. Gotta love lower interest rates. 3.25% is a beautiful thing.

We've been toying with the idea of renting our house when we move. We've toyed with the idea of renting it now and moving back into base housing. We've toyed with the idea of selling it. We've toyed with the idea of burning it down. Kidding. Sort of. Well, after all the toying, and pyro pretending, we've finally come to a decision. (The re-fi played a serious role in the decision making I might add.) We've decided to become Landlords. Just saying it makes me feel all grown up. That, and having recently subscribed to the newspaper for the first time in my adult life. But that's another story.

I know it's going to bring a whole new set of challenges and adventures, but I feel good about it. I can't say I'm excited. But I feel good. I'm certainly not looking forward to moving again. I've long since felt like I should have been born in a more Nomadic time period. That having been said, I rock at packing and unpacking. If it weren't for the kids, I could become a professional. Yeah right. I'm way too lazy to do that. Let's keep it real here folks.

So anyway, if you know of someone looking for a nice, comfortable, well taken care of house in the greater Kansas City area, send them our way.

We'll leave the light on for them. :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...