Thursday, July 10, 2008

Fourth of July.....and more

In true Beth fashion, we (I) decided that we should drive up to NC and surprise my parents with one last visit before we move away. I love surprising people with stuff. It's so much fun. We left around one and got there somewhere between nine and 10:00pm. When we got there we all hid on the side of the house and I put Seth on the porch and rang the bell and hid. Mom was shocked to say the least when she opened the door. I love surprises.

My sister and her husband drove down from VA to see us off before our move. That was nice to be able to share the holiday with them too. We all went on base for the fireworks display. Leann Womack was there in concert. I really didn't care, but it's always nice to know that so much effort in put into celebrations for the Military and their families. The fireworks were great as usual. We grilled bruatworst and hot dogs and took a picnic dinner with us. There were a ton of "kid" things for the boys to play on and they of course had a blast. On Saturday, we went to the beach and had a wonderful time getting sunburned. I love sunburns. Yeah, not really. I tan well, and that's the only thing I like about them. I'm totally loving the peeling scalp right now. Looks like I need a bottle of Head and Shoulders. When will I learn to wear a hat? The beach really was nice. I know that I miss it, but I never know just how much until I go back after a long break from it. On Sunday, we went and visited friends and family. It was so good to see everyone again. Makes moving bittersweet. Sorry I've not posted any pictures. I've got them, they're on the other computer and I'm just to tired ::read lazy:: to get up and get them. I promise to post them soon. Just don't hold your breath. It could lead to brain damage....or death.

We got home on Monday and since then I've been busy packing. I'm up to my eyeballs in boxes and packing paper. Truth be told, it's going exceptionally well. This is BY FAR the longest we've ever had to plan and orchestrate a move. I can only hope and pray that the actual move and unpacking goes as well.

A few more boxes packed and one last IKEA run and we'll be outta here. Midwest....ready or not, here we come!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...